If you’re looking for some pampering, no matter what your definition of pampering is, Martinsburg and Berkeley County have something for you.
The Sleepy Creek Wildlife Management Area is a 22,000+ acre preserve owned by the WV Division of Natural Resources. It offers camping, hiking and biking trails, and a 205-acre lake. We are also close to the C&O Canal, which stretches from Cumberland, Maryland to Washington, D.C.
Enjoy a round of golf at The Woods Resort or Stonebridge. The Woods Resort, off Route 9 outside of Hedgesville, is home to the 18-hole championship Mountain View Course and the Stony Lick mid-level course. Stonebridge Golf Club features 18-holes of golf just minutes from downtown Martinsburg.
Geocaching is a great outdoor adventure. It can be a solo event or family fun. Berkeley County hosts some great cache sites; some “high-heel” locations, others you need spelunking gear! Make sure you check it out at Geocaching.com Search on Martinsburg or Berkeley County! Watch for our new trail coming this summer!
Private/membership-based shooting ranges allow for firearms training and practice.
- Peacemaker National Training Center in Gerrardstown
- Valley Guns II in Inwood
- Tango Down Range in Hedgesville
If the spa is more your style, be sure to visit one of our area’s luxury spas.
- Bodyology at Parkhill, an organic spa using all natural products for their therapeutic services.
- Personal Reflection Day Spa in Inwood features facials, body sculpting, relaxation treatments and more.
- Serenity Day Spa in Martinsburg offers a full menu of services for beauty and relaxation.
- Sleepy Creek Spa at The Woods Resort is a full service day spa. The perfect place for golf widows (or widowers) to reenergize.